Our campers that arrived early and have been getting an extra couple of days of swim, bike and run training in prior to the start of the camp, whilst the rest arrive this evening. Last night Jo and I put together fantastic bags full of goodies from our camp sponsors, and the work involved in this relatively small scale task has given me an insight into and respect for the work required to put these bags together for a big race! We had 16 bags to sort out and it was a pretty long and focused task -but great fun in a Christmas eve sort of way. It gave us a great warm feeling of anticipation for the camp and gratitude towards the people who were so quick to send us these bits and pieces that will add extra value to the experience that we are offering.
So, a huge thanks to the sponsors for everything they’ve provided meaning that each athlete will receive the following:
- from Powerbar – a draw-string bag, bento box, water bottle, protein shaker bottle, dry-fit t-shirt, and tonnes of nutrition – a sample of virtually every product, with enough energy bars and gels for the week. Plus a discount on purchases post camp for the rest of the year.
- from For Goodness Shakes – a water bottle, recovery shake for every day, a batch of temporary tattoos and discount card for use on purchases after the camp
- from Ten-Point Tri – a water bottle, a store discount card and they are also providing us with a fabulous prize to award on the camp (we’re keeping this quite for now – all will be revealed!!)
- from Vivobarefoot – a store discount card and they have also put up a very generous (and secret) prize
- from Blueseventy – a discount card and another prize camp prize.
In addition to this, Freespeed are giving all camp athletes a discount on a retul fitting during April, and providing a camp prize and the overall camp prize has been donated by TriGrandPrix, who are also giving a 20% discount on race entry to our athletes.
Meanwhile, Sarah from The Tri Touch is setting up her table ready to start work – she’s out here to provide at least 16 hours of free massage therapy during the camp, supported by Ali from Mills Physio who will be able to give professional advice and treatments for any minor issues that arise during the camp. Camper will also be able to visit TriTouch at a reduced rate on their return from the camp
Tri Grand Prix – discount race entry and prize (free entry to one of their races).
They also get a very cool ( I can say this because Jo designed it) EverydayTraining camp t-shirt and some EverydayTraining tattoos. We’ll try and get a photo of everyone in their t-shirts at some point during the week.